- Canadian vehicle history reporting service founded in 2000
- Created for Canadian consumers, car dealers, and automotive industry
- Provides U.S. Data, including import/export records
- The most comprehensive vehicle history service available to consumers
- Thousands of Canadian car dealers every month
- Major car manufacturers and finance companies
- Insurance companies
- Auto auctions and dealer associations
- Provincial departments and ministries of transportation
- Law enforcement
What’s So Special About a CarProof Report?
- CarProof is the only service that provides consumers with Canadian lien and/or security interest information on vehicles from right across Canada and guarantees the results. CarProof is connected live to each provincial and territorial registrar responsible for maintaining these records. Other U.S.-based services (including CARFAX), do not report any Canadian vehicle lien information.
- CarProof is electronically connected on a real-time (“live”) basis to its data sources. This means that the data is always current and not outdated. Other services purchase data dumps periodically, leaving the chance that recent important data is not included in their reports.
- CarProof is the only vehicle history report available in English and French
- CarProof is the only service that provides consumers with Canadian insurance and accident claims data. Through their live connection to comprehensive databases that service the Canadian insurance industry, CarProof provides data from Canada’s private insurance industry along with the public insurer in Saskatchewan. CarProof also has a product (“Verified BC”) that instantaneously searches the database of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC).
- In addition to all of the above, CarProof reports also provide consumers with data from one of the largest U.S.-based vehicle history services, Experian Automotive. Through their live connection to Experian’s 2 billion+ record database, all CarProof reports include the data you would get from other popular U.S.-based vehicle history services, including a Lemon Search.
What Does It Mean To You?